Friday & Saturday, 27-28 November 2015
Theme: Collegiality in Pedagogical Theory and Best Practices in Teaching & Research
Participants: Higher Education Lecturers in State Universities & Private Institutions of Higher Learning on payment of a participation fee of 10,000 Fcfa.
Online Participation Confirmation at www.pedagogicseminar2015.httcbambili.com
Objectives: The objectives of this seminar are to assist participants to:
- Conduct a collegial internal evaluation, particularly institutional performance for the 2014-2015 academic year and fine-tune pedagogy the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Master key elements of pedagogy for Teacher Education in particular and higher education
- Understand the roles and relationships of various stakeholders involved in higher education.
- Master (a) how to work collegially and effectively with all involved in the student teaching-learning processes, (b) to guide and supervise learners and manage classroom processes, (c) action research skills in classroom processes and student learning and teaching.
- Acquire micro-skills in accurately and helpfully evaluating student-teacher and own proficiencies and how to evaluate and readily make recommendations for the on-going improvement of course contents.
- Articulate a personal philosophy of effective teaching and supervision, reflecting on and analysing the supervisory process and developing more effective supervision strategies.
Workshop One: Friday: Core Themes of the Seminar
- Opening Ceremony
- Welcome and General Orientation: The VC of UBa
- The Teaching Mission of University Intuitions: Prof. Victor Julius Ngoh
- Collegiality and Interdisciplinarity in Education & Research: Prof. Nyasse Barthelemy
- Reflections on Hidden Pedagogic Lessons in Performance Statistics: Prof. Tita & Dr. Nguendjo
- Pedagogical Theory and Practice: Prof. Bame Nsamenang
Workshop Two: Saturday: Core Themes of the Seminar
- Planning Learning & Competency-Based Preparation of Lesson Notes: Mr. Scot Ngu
- Classroom Processes and Action Research: Prof. Therese Tchombe
- Learning to Learn: Dr.Ernest Ngwana Mondi
- Principles of Effective Teaching and Learning: Dr. Looh Joseph Lah
- Academic Performance Tracking and Evaluation: Prof. Martin Amin
- 1967-2017: 50 Years of Teaching Education in Bambili
- HTTC Educational Research Journal
- Award of Certificates of Participation
- Vote of Thanks
- Farewell Cocktail